With the rise of the short video platform Douyin (known as TikTok outside of China), there has been a surge in the number of online businesses flourishing on the platform. Douyin provides a great opportunity for small businesses to sell their products through a fun and engaging platform. However, one of the challenges that small businesses face when it comes to setting up a Douyin store is the issue of getting past the initial phase of starting up. In this article, we’ll explore how long it takes to get a Douyin store out of its newbie phase and into the realm of profitable online businesses.
What is the Douyin Newbie Period?
When you first start selling on Douyin, your store will be in the ‘newbie period’. During this phase, there are certain limitations on your store’s functionality. For example, you may not be able to list more than a certain number of products or you may not have access to some of the more advanced marketing features. Your store may also appear lower in search results, making it harder for customers to find you. This phase is designed to encourage new sellers to start small and learn the ropes on the platform before scaling up.
How Long Does It Take to Get Out of the Newbie Period?
The length of the newbie period can vary depending on a number of factors. These include:
1. Your Sales Figures: Douyin rewards successful sellers by granting them access to more advanced features more quickly. If you can demonstrate strong sales figures from the outset, you may be able to get out of the newbie period in as little as a few weeks.
2. The Category of Your Store: Some product categories are more competitive on Douyin than others. If you’re selling in a popular category, it may take longer to get out of the newbie period than if you’re selling in a less competitive niche.
3. Your Efforts to Build Your Following: One of the key factors that determines the success of your Douyin store is the size and engagement of your following. If you’re actively promoting your store and building your following, you’re more likely to get out of the newbie period quickly.
What Can You Do to Speed Up the Process?
If you’re eager to get out of the newbie period and start making more sales, there are a few things you can do to speed up the process. These include:
1. Providing Excellent Customer Service: One of the best ways to build a strong following on Douyin is to provide excellent customer service. Make sure you respond promptly to customer inquiries and address any complaints or issues in a timely manner.
2. Offer Discounts: Offering discounts and promotions is a great way to attract customers and encourage more sales. You could offer discounts to new customers or run a limited-time sale to generate interest.
3. Promote Your Store: Promoting your store through Douyin’s built-in advertising tools or through other social media channels can help you build your following and generate more sales.
The Bottom Line
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to how long it takes to get out of the newbie period on Douyin. It depends on a number of factors, including your sales figures, the category of your store, and your efforts to build your following. However, by providing excellent customer service, offering discounts, and promoting your store, you can speed up the process and start making more sales sooner rather than later. Stick with it, and before you know it, your Douyin store will be a thriving online business.